BIKE Talks – Count Dat – Wednesday, November 1st
Come out and join the data conversation about where, when, who, and how people are getting around by bike in New Orleans this Wednesday, November 1st from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm at The Shop at the CAC (900 Cap St.)
Our conversation will include:
- Changes in how people are walking and bicycling around our city over time.
- Reduction in carbon emissions resulting from non-automobile trips.
- Trends in walking and bicycling rates for festivals, Mardi Gras, and other events.
- How increase in local walk and bike rates have impacted crash rates.
- How bike share utilization patterns can tell us how locals and visitors move around the network.
Our speakers include: Geoff Coats (Blue Bikes), Jeannie Donovan (City of New Orleans Department of Health), Allene La Spina (Bike Easy), Matt Rufo (City of New Orleans Office of Resilience & Sustainability), Jennifer Ruley (City of New Orleans Department of Public Works), and Tara Tolford (UNO Transportation Institute.)
Safety Sunday – Bike Lane Clean Up – Norman C Francis Bridge – Sunday, November 5th
Join Bike Easy’s Policy and Design Committee this Sunday, November 5th from 9:00 am to 11:00 am on the Norman C Francis Bridge. We’ll be set up on the neutral ground on the Tulane Ave. side (across from the Goodwill).
The Norman C Francis Bridge is a huge connector for people walking and biking in New Orleans, and is currently the only way to get across I-10 on bicycle without interacting with motor vehicle lanes. Help us keep it clean by coming that day to help put. We will provide street cleaning tools, reflective vests, cones and snacks. To learn more, click here
Learn to Ride – Youth & Adult Classes – Saturday, December 2nd
Join us at the NORD Clubhouse (1891 St Louis Street) on Saturday, December 2nd from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm for our Youth Learn to Ride: a free group class for children 5 and up who are ready to ride two-wheeler for the first time. To learn more and to register, click here.
Also, from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm we will be offering our Adult Learn to Ride: This class is meant for people over the age of 15 years old who never learned to ride. You will learn the basics of bike riding; balance, pedaling, braking and turning. To learn more and to register, click here.
Additional Upcoming Events
Bike Easy will be tabling at the following events too! Come by and say hello, and take the opportunity to load up on bike safety materials:
- Greenway Halloween Spooktacular – Tuesday, October 31st – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm – NORDC Clubhouse (1891 St. Louis Street)
- Delgado Wellness Fair – Wednesday, November 1st – 11:00 am to 1:00 pm – City Park Campus Building 23 – Student Life Center
- Big Easy Bicycle Fest – Sunday, November 5th – 11:00 am to 4:00 pm – NORDC Clubhouse (1891 St. Louis Street)
- Alafia Wellnes Expo – Saturday, November 11th – 11:00 am to 2:00 pm – REACH Center (2022 St. Bernard Ave Building C)
- Bicycle Valet at Oak Street Po-Boy Festival – Sunday, November 19th – 10:00 am to 6:00 pm – Exact location to be determined
And, if you’re interested in longer bike rides, make sure to check out:
- Tour da Parish – Saturday, November 4th – St Bernard Louisiana
- Tour de Jefferson – Sunday, November 12th – Estelle Playground (5801 Leo Kerner, Lafitte Parkway – Marrero)
Hope to see you there!