Join us for the Greater New Orleans Bike to Work Day on April 10
On April 10th, people all across New Orleans and the region will be hopping on their bike and riding to work as they do most days. Greater New Orleans Bike to Work Day, presented by Entergy, is the marquis event of the Bike Easy Challenge and will host a breakfast meet up in Duncan Plaza from 7:30-9AM to celebrate these people, the Greater New Orleans bicycle culture and the growing bikeway network in the region.
Some exciting progress since the 2018 Bike to Work Day:
- The new Wisner Bridge and path extension link to the Esplanade Avenue bike lane created a comfortable river-to-lake bikeway connection!
- Green paint used to highlight bikeways for the first time in New Orleans
- Mississippi River Levee Trail under construction in St. Bernard Parish
- Connect the Crescent pop-up demonstration has shown the importance and power of protected bikeways.
- Over 300,000 rides and 600,000 miles on Blue Bikes!
Bike commute “trains” will depart from strategically placed locations throughout the city for people on bike to gather and head over to Duncan Plaza together. You can join one of these trains or ride in solo, everyone is welcome. Staff and friends of Bike Easy will lead the bike trains to make sure everybody stays safe on the road. You can find the location of your bike train and all relevant details below. Join us for free coffee, breakfast goodies, and to hear from local leaders and advocates about the future of Greater New Orleans biking!
All trains gather at 7AM and roll out at 7:15AM
Algiers – Algiers Ferry Landing
- You’ll be hopping on the 7:15 ferry so make sure to bring a little cash and don’t be late!
Bywater – Bywater Bakery (3624 Dauphine Street)
Broadmoor – Rosa Keller Library (4300 South Broad Street)
7th Ward – Dashing Bicycles (1234 North Broad Street)
Metairie – Royal Blend Coffee and Tea (204 Metairie Road)
Mid-City – Jeff Davis and Lafitte Greenway roundabout
Uptown – Hey! Cafe (4332 Magazine Street)
Show us how you bike to work by tagging @bikeeasy on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and use #GNOBiketoWorkDay
Register you and your team for the Bike Easy Challenge at lovetoride.net/bikeasy so you get points for your rides on April 10 and the entire month!