But, one thing we experienced at Bike Easy this year was the power of community. When we made the April Challenge and our education classes remote, turned the Bicycle Second Line into the Scavenger Hunt, you stuck with us through the adjustments.
We’re feeling that support again because we have now raised $24,305, just $695 away from our goal of $25,000.
We know these are challenging times, which is why we want to make sure to celebrate you and our community for giving forward to easy, safe, and fun biking for everyone in Greater New Orleans. It really is you, that keeps our wheels rolling forward.
In fact, we want to show you exactly how your support impacts our work towards building the movement for better biking in Greater New Orleans. Here’s a list of what we can accomplish with your donation:
- $100 covers the cost of a complete bike overhaul for our #BikeMatch Program
- $400 covers the cost of a Youth Bike Rodeo
- $500 covers the cost of outreach and education materials for our various programs
- $1,000 covers the cost to to call, flyer, educate and enlist the support of neighborhood residents and businesses necessary to support the continued progress for safe, accessible biking
- $3,100 covers the cost of a whole new fleet of bikes for our youth programming
For all of the support you’ve given us and the biking community this year, whether it’s a donation, time volunteering, sharing our social media posts, or just telling people you love riding your bike in New Orleans, thank you.