Bike Easy gives forward because we believe in the power of bikes to help create a healthy, prosperous, resilient, and equitable future for everyone in Greater New Orleans. But to bring this vision to life, we need the whole biking community to give forward. This is why we launched our year-end fundraising campaign “Giving Forward”, with the goal of raising $25,000.
With the help of you all and your generous contributions, we were able to pedal past our goal, ensuring our work to make biking easy, safe, and fun in Greater New Orleans will continue to thrive.
We are excited to announce we raised a total of $27,565.00! We’d also like to celebrate our milestone victories along the way such as:
- Surpassing our goal by over $2,000
- Receiving 45 total donations, 37 being small-dollar donations
- Enrolling 26 new members throughout our campaign
- Raising over $1,600 on the first day we launched the campaign
- Celebrating the Complete Streets improvements at Elysian Fields Avenue
- Over 30+ members participating in our first ever virtual membership celebration
2020 was a difficult year, but we’re riding into 2021 with hope and excitement for what’s to come! From the Moving New Orleans Bikes plan— the City’s Plan to build a connected and protected bikeway network— to our April Challenge, we are excited to see the enthusiasm and support for our efforts grow.