A letter from out Executive Director –
I’m hoping y’all are fully recovered from the Mardi Gras season.
It is one of my favorite times of year living in New Orleans, and for this season I decided to get my bike even more engaged in the festivities: I literally turned my bike into a unicorn! I also volunteered riding my bike for this year’s WDSU Parade Tracker. This gave a new opportunity for our bike community to be utilized and promote awareness of bicycles in the city. I also brought the unicorn bike to the pop-up ride we did featuring our House Floats Ride in partnership with Stronghold Studios. Last, but not least, I used it to help ride range a group of French exchange students during a night ride from the Lower Garden District to Audubon Park and back.
All of this just reinforced my mission to help people see bikes differently: more than a mode of transportation, bikes are also a tool and resource for the community
But enough about me… We want to hear about your experience getting around Mardi Gras! Will you take a few minutes to fill out our biking during Mardi Gras survey? We are looking for your input to help us capture some of the experience of biking during parade season to help advocate for improved bike safety and awareness.
Please fill out by Sunday, March 19, and also feel free to share with friends and others you know bike during Mardi Gras!
- Wednesday, March 15 – BICYCLE VALET – 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Lafayette Square – Wednesday at the Square returns for the first of their weekly concert series! Click here if you would like to volunteer!
- Saturday, March 18 – BICYCLE VALET – 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Lafreniere Park (3000 Downs Blvd. Metairie) – NOLA on Tap brings back this benefit for the LASPCA. Click here if you would like to volunteer!
- Saturday, March 25 – BICYCLE VALET – 11:00 am to 5:00 pm – Magazine and General Pershing – Fête Française free outdoor festival. Click here if you would like to volunteer!
- Saturday and Sunday March 25 & 26 – BICYCLE VALET – 10:45 am to 7:30 pm – Congo Square – Congo Square Rhythms Festival. Click here if you would like to volunteer!
- Thursday, March 30 – BIKE Talks – 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm – The Shop (900 Camp Street) – First installment of our quarterly conversations about the bike community. This first session will focus on Community Bike Shops. Stay tuned for more details!
- APRIL 2023 – Bike Easy April Challenge – Which include group rides, happy hours, Tour de Bean at Fortier Park, and so much more!
- 2023 – BIKE EASY TURNS 20!!!! We have a lot of really great events for you to come and participate in, and help us celebrate all year long!