This April, we have so many ways to celebrate biking in Greater New Orleans! If you’re one of the many people who have just recently started riding a bike, excited to get back in to riding, or one of the many people that ride everyday, we’ve got some great ways for you to enjoy your rides.
If you haven’t yet, sign up for the Bike Easy April Challenge, presented by Entergy. It’s free, fun, and a great way to support and connect with the local biking community. Be sure to invite your family and friends!
How can you get involved?
- April 1-4 New Riders Week
- Celebrate new riders and riders new to the Challenge!
- April 5-11 Bike Infrastructure Week
- Enjoy the great bike network rolling out throughout the city and facilities around the region!
- April 12-18 Bike to Work Week
- Biking can be a great way to start your work day and get to where you need to go. Join us for a week of commuting, and check in with us for a chance to grab some coffee!
- April 19-25 Where Ya’ Riding?
- There are so many great places to go and things to do in the area, let’s multiply the fun by getting there on our bike and sharing virtually with others!
- April 26-30 Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler
- We’d normally be rolling hard through festival season at the end of April. Though things are different this year, the future of biking is bright! Let’s keep the good times rolling to finish up April and beyond!
Education Workshops – all FREE online workshops
We have some amazing community partners working with us this April, check out these great opportunities and help benefit Bike Easy!
- We are partnering with District Donuts and Cool Kids Coffee in celebration of Bike to Work week. You can find us at their different locations giving out info about the Challenge and introducing their new Blend of Cool Kids Coffee Beans. $1.00 of each bag sold will go to Bike Easy!
- Monday 4.12 – 5637 Magazine St – 8:00 am to 9:00 am
- Tuesday 4.13 – 8:00 am to 9:00 am – We will be riding around the CBD and French Quarter giving away coffee, generously donated by District Donuts
- Wednesday 4.14 – 527 Harrison Ave – 8:00 am to 9:00 am
- Thursday 4.15 – 8:00 am to 9:00 am – We will be riding the Lafitte Greenway between Clairborne and Basin St giving away coffee, generously donated by District Donuts
- Friday 4.16 – 2209 Magazine St – 8:00 am to 9:00 am
- Pythian Market Happy Hour: Visit the Pythian Market, 234 Loyola Ave, any Friday from 5 til 10pm and cheers to the April Challenge and your riding! A portion of bar proceeds will benefit Bike Easy.
- JAMNOLA: Joy, Art, and Music is at the heart of this amazing experience in the Bywater. If you haven’t yet visited, this April is a great time to visit. If you have, you know the exhibits by local artists are constantly changing and there’s always more than you can take in on one trip. Reserve your tickets through this link to help benefit Bike Easy.
- Screens For Good: Screens for good has once again partnered with Bike Easy to offer a t-shirt celebrating biking and New Orleans! Allene La Spina created this beautiful illustration and y’all voted on the color. Get your shirt or tote bag today to support Bike Easy while looking great!
Win Great Prizes
- Check out our list of great prizes on LoveToRide
- Follow Bike Easy on Facebook and Instagram to check in for regular engagement opportunities to be entered for random prize drawings!
- Make sure to log rides often! Random prize drawings will be held regularly through the platform.
Still looking for some fun? Use our Bingo card below for some fun to have on your next bike ride.