New Orleans Public Libraries
The New Orleans Public Libraries have been working to help improve biking throughout their city. They’ve worked closely with Bike Easy, the City of New Orleans, and Blue Bikes to help promote bicycle safety and biking through many efforts.
Branch locations and hours can be found on this webpage.
- Bike parking is plentiful outside of their various locations.
- Many employees participate in the Bike Easy Challenge.
- Branches promote and host Bike Easy events
- Bike to the Books is an initiative by NOPL to promote biking to the libraries
- Lock Lending Program
- Find FixIt Stations at these branches: Main Library, Nora Navra, Norman Mayer, and Martin Luther King Jr.
- Bike Easy educational materials are offered in addition to many other resources
- New Orleans Public Libraries host Bike Easy education programs
- Check out their collection of books on bicycling or use a computer to research online!
- Regional branches have hosted public input and information meetings around expanding the bicycle network in New Orleans
- Host numerous public meetings around transportation issues
- New Orleans Public Libraries have supported Bike Easy by obtaining their FixIt Stations through the Dero Advocacy Dealer Program