New Orleans Food Co-op
The New Orleans Food Co-op is a full-service grocery store specializing in local produce and products. They are a member owned cooperative which means you can become an owner to help shape their future!
The New Orleans Food Co-op exists so that we have a healthy and thriving community.
- Our community, regardless of income, has access to healthy food.
- Regional farmers and producers are linked in a relationship with consumers.
- The diversity of our community is represented.
- Economically and environmentally sustainable practices are supported.
- Our community understands the cooperative model and experiences its economic and social value.
- Community members, staff, and owners have a sense of pride, belonging, and fellowship in their cooperative.
- Our community is knowledgeable about healthy eating and how their food is produced.
Visit the New Orleans Food Co-op inside the Healing Center at 2372 St. Claude Ave. Suite 110
Hours of Operation:
Daily 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Bicycle parking is available in front and in the rear of the Healing Center
- A FixIt Station and pump is located outside of the Healing Center
- Alternative Transportation Card: Shoppers who utilize alternative transportation while shopping at the store will earn a punch on their card for each occasion. Present your card at the register when you walk, bike, or use public transit. Once your card is full, redeem it for $2 off your next purchase of $20 or more, or $5 off your next purchase of $50 or more.
- Bike Easy educational and informational materials are made available to staff and visitors.
- Signed on in support of New Orleans Complete Streets Policy
- Bike Easy members can redeem their Alternative Transportation Card at just 10 punches as opposed to 20