The Avenue Cafe New Orleans is a neighborhood cafe and coffee shop on St. Charles Avenue serving the best locally-roasted New Orleans coffee along with sandwiches, salads, sweet & savory pastries and many vegan and gluten-free options. If you’ve got time to sit for a spell, the convenient Lower Garden District space has coffee shop standards like free WiFi and local art, but a few unexpected gems set it apart—beer, wine, mimosas, smart magazines/books and (nearly constant) international soccer.
local coffee providers: Orleans Coffee, Congregation Coffee, Hey! Cafe, French Truck Coffee
freshly baked pastries: Maple Street Patisserie, Shake Sugary, Gracious Bakery, Girls Gone Vegan
marmalades, soups, and pickled goods: The French Pickl’er
Avenue Cafe is located at 1907 St. Charles Avenue
Open 7:00 am to 4:00 pm everyday
Visit their webpage to learn more about Avenue Cafe
- Bike parking is available outside of the cafe.
- Bike Easy members receive 10% off of their purchases at Avenue Cafe.
- Avenue Cafe sponsored the Bike Easy Challenge from 2017-2019.
- Find information about Bike Easy and upcoming events at Avenue Cafe
- Signed on in support of the New Orleans Complete Streets Coalition
- Avenue Cafe participates in the Bike Easy member discount program. See details under “Community”
Bike to Work Day
Today is Bike to Work Day!!! Bikes are a great mode of transportation for commuting to work. Bicycling is a great way to get exercise, cut carbon emissions, and…