AECOM, New Orleans
AECOM is a global planning and design firm, ranked for years as #1 in Transportation in the US. From visioning through final construction, our team provides all the services needed to deliver world-class bike facilities and complete streets. We have planners, landscape architects, roadway, bridge, and traffic engineers who specialize in context sensitive design, complex studies, innovative bike facilities, roundabouts, light rail and streetcar lines, and more. Our thought leaders stay abreast of industry trends and routinely lecture at national and international conferences. More importantly, we care about our local communities, investing our time and talents to making the New Orleans region safe, sustainable, and equitable with multi-modal mobility for all.
AECOM is and has been ranked #1 in Transportation in Engineering News-Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms, 2020.” AECOM has held this distinction for many years. For more information, click on the links below. AECOM does not maintain a webpage of local staff and projects.
Feel free to contact Derek for more information.
AECOM Associate Vice President and Local Office Lead.
1515 Poydras St, Suite 2700
New Orleans, La. 70112
firstname.lastname@example.org – (504) 799 1344
- Previous sponsor and participant in the Bike Easy April Challenge
- AECOM distributes inexpensive, flashing Bike Lights each year, by the hundreds.
- Bike parking is available outside of their office.
- The office maintains a collection of tools and materials for cyclists including extra lights and locks, flat repair, tubes, a pump, etc.
- AECOM encourages cycling among the other tenants in the three-building
complex, bringing in bike trainers and supporting cyclists.
- AECOM designs and builds the kinds of roadways we all enjoy. AECOM staff
have led design projects for RTA’s Streetcar systems, the new Medical Campus,
Tulane Avenue, and much more.
- AECOM has led planning studies including a Car-Free Plan for Bourbon Street
and portions of the French Quarter.
- AECOM also led a downtown New Orleans Transportation Conditions Assessment with the City’s Dept of Public Works. Together, the team developed numerous low-cost improvements including cycle tracks, transit-only lanes, and innovative roadway configurations.
- Hosted Bike Easy education event
- Makes Bike Easy materials available to employees.
- Organized a bike safety training for all tenants in their building.
- Local lead, Derek Chisholm frequently speaks publicly, most recently at the 2020 RailVolution Conference in Vancouver B.C.. He is also a contributing author to the recently released Bicycle Urbanism: Reimagining Bicycle Friendly Cities and Engineering for Sustainable Community,
- Complete Streets Coalition Member
- AECOM is a member of the Advisory Board for National Complete Streets Coalition.
- AECOM also supports state-wide and local complete street and bike planning efforts, including efforts to amend the local Master Plan and Ordinances.
- AECOM deployed a team to help construct the interim bike improvements with Connect the Crescent.
- Hosted Bike Easy education and advocacy outreach