Join our Board!
Help make biking easy, safe, and fun for everyone in Greater New Orleans by becoming a Bike Easy Board Member!
Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to apply your talent in strategic planning, financial forecasting, organizational leadership, project management or policy advocacy in the service of New Orleans bike community?
Founded in 2003, Bike Easy (formerly the Metro Bicycle Coalition) is a small nonprofit based in New Orleans. We are a fast-growing, grassroots organization hard at work making sure that riding a bike here is easy, safe, and fun for everyone.
Bike Easy is a volunteer-driven organization guided by a board of directors and energized by the participation of our ever-growing community of members. Through hands-on outreach, advocacy before government agencies, and collaboration with diverse local organizations we’re helping to make bicycling an integral part of New Orleans life.
We advocate for bikeable and walkable neighborhoods, produce community events like Bicycle Second Lines and host Bike Valet to engage diverse audiences and encourage bicycle riders, new and experienced. We also empower community advocates and foster confident bicycling through our education programs.
During your 3-year tenure, the organization has big plans to:
- Expand equity and inclusion planning
- Support programming and advocacy campaigns
- Develop and begin implementing the 2022-2025 strategic plan
- Increase our membership and revenue, building a sustainable organization
As a rapidly growing organization, we need your expertise and support. You’ll be working with our Executive Director and the rest of our active board, to help shape the next 15 years of this dynamic and innovative nonprofit.
In order to join our team, we ask that you are willing to work as a team and share ideas openly. Additionally, we seek candidates with any of the following attributes:
- Networks and connections within the community, especially in low-wealth and Black/Latino communities that have traditionally been left out of transportation planning and advocacy
- Ability and desire to be part of our fundraising and development strategy, including seeking sponsorships and other sources of general operations/unrestricted funding
- Public engagement, regional representation and HBCU connectivity
- Fundraising and political strategy
- Finance and accounting, human resource and/or management experience
- Representation from the biking industry and/or local bike shop communities
Bike Easy is committed to improving the diversity of the bicycle movement and building greater social equity through our work, and we are looking for board members representing a broad range of backgrounds and communities across the New Orleans region. We encourage all interested persons to apply for this position regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, or political affiliation.
Availability: Our board members serve on rotating terms. This three-year appointment begins January 1, 2023.
Commitment Details: Includes about 8-10 hours per month on tasks such as attending monthly board meetings, participation on a committee or task force, fundraising responsibilities, volunteering for Bike Easy, bringing your networking resources, and becoming a champion of our shared cause.
Benefits: We are an all-volunteer board. Give back to the community while gaining excellent experience working hand-in-hand with like-minded folks. Become familiar with current urban planning issues in Greater New Orleans and network with local civic leaders.
Applications are due Sunday, October 30 at 5 P.M. To apply for this position, please submit a resume or equivalent and a short intro letter to email@example.com.
Please Share! Do you know somebody who would be a good candidate? Send them this announcement. We are looking for board members representing a broad range of backgrounds and communities across the New Orleans region.