This is a past Event
Group Riding Techniques for Recreational Riders
Fri, Jun 07, 2013
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Bicycle World of Louisiana
701 Jefferson Highway,
Jefferson, LA 70121
FREE! Please RSVP by email and include the number of people, your names and phone numbers.
Want a bike light for attending the event? We are selling sets for only $10, but you must be at the workshop to get the lights.
Are you a new or experienced recreational rider? Want to learn more about riding longer distances for health, transportation, or recreation? Planning to ride in an upcoming charity ride? Part of a riding club or team and want learn to ride more safely in a group?
This Safety Clinic will be taught by American League of Bicyclists Certified Instructor, and will have hands-on bicycle drills and safety information about how to ride safely in traffic and with a group.
More About the Community Bicycle Workshops:
All are welcome, especially adults and their families (children, grandparents and friends). Through hands-on activities we’ll help build your confidence to integrate bicycling into your everyday tasks. More bicycling will make you feel healthier, more connected to your community, relieve stress, and get you where you need to go without getting stuck in traffic and by saving money in your wallets!
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Learn to safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- Learn how to use your gears.
- Learn and practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Learn how to fix a flat tire.
At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.