- NEW Partnerships! Including a partnership with the RTA to bring our People Friendly Driving curriculum to their operators to continue our work on making our streets safer to navigate.
- NEW Bike Infrastructure Even though the build out of the bike network has slowed down, we are looking forward to seeing the upcoming improvements coming to A.P. Tureaud in the 7th Ward, and will continue to partner with Moving New Orleans Bikes to advocate the expansion of the protected bike network. Check the first Community Meeting about it on Thursday, February 2nd at 7:00 pm. For more details, and address click here
- MORE In-Person events We are looking forward to celebrating our 20th anniversary by holding more in-person events that will help us interact with the Bike Community, and help us better understand their needs. This includes our quarterly BIKE Talks, hosting Tour de Bean, riding together at this year’s Bicycle Second Line, and even re-imagining our Bike Easy April Challenge
- MORE Safety Sunday Clean-ups This initiative by the Policy and Design Committee has really allowed us to connect with locals as we clean up some of the bike infrastructure that needs it the most. We have also taken this information to give in depth reports to the city, and feedback to better maintain the network. Stay tuned for future Safety Sunday Clean-up details, but in the meantime, if you need to report any bike lane issues, click here
Safety Sunday Clean-up on Gentilly Blvd under the I-610 underpass – January 15, 2023
Get to know the Bike Easy Board of Directors!
A couple of weeks ago we held our Board Orientation where our new, and continuing Board Members got to know each other, learn more about our organization, and began drafting together some big plans for 2023! We are happy to welcome our new 5 Board Members, and invite you to reach out to them to congratulate them, let them know your thoughts or ideas, specially if the names sound familiar!
- Elyse Bejasa
- Gary Brandt
- Les Leathem
- Carlos Stich
- Camly Tram
Learn more about our Board here!
Krewe of House Floats – Bike Route
Bike Valet at ‘tit Rex Parade
Sunday, February 5, 2023 – 3:00 pm
2020 ‘tit Rex float by Margaret Lokey
This year we want to encourage more people to bike to events, and we are happy to announce that we are partnering with the ‘tit Rex Krewe to bring Bike Valet for the start of their parade this year! We will be set up in the neutral ground on St Roch in front of the fire station from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm for those coming to check the floats before they roll out. We will have limited tit lagniappe throws for folks who bike valet with us that day!
If you are interested in volunteering at this bike valet, click here!
Partnering with WDSU Parade Tracker
We are partnering with WDSU Parade Tracker this year! We are looking for volunteers that would like to help bring this useful tool to the parades in the area.
You’ll be designated to reide/walk behind the parade to track the end of the parade. Bring out your larger tire bikes to slow roll behind the parade for an enjoyable ride. Click on this link to sign up to volunteer. We’ll reach out with more information and offer training for volunteers.
Reimagining the 2023 Bike Easy April Challenge
We are reimagining our Bike Easy April Challenge for this year, and as always, we would like the support and input from our community. If you are interested in participating in this year’s Bike Easy April Challenge Committee, please contact David Meza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Curious how you can continue to support our work?
- Become a Bike Easy Member, renew your Membership, or upgrade your membership from Individual to Sustaining! If you are not sure of your membership status, reach out to email@example.com
- Provide the financial support we need to continue our work to make biking easy, safe, and fun for everyone in Greater New Orleans:
- To donate wit a CC/Debit Card – Click Here
- To donate via VENMO – Click Here
- To Donate via Paypal – Click Here
- And if you prefer to mail us a check, you can do so to 2100 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd – New Orleans – LA – 70113
The Bike Easy Team