Bike Easy’s program to help people get bikes to those in need during COVID-19
Bike Easy is excited to announce that we have implemented a #BikeMatch program for the Greater New Orleans area. Adapting materials and with guidance from Transportation Alternative’s #BikeMatch out of New York, we’ve streamlined a process to connect those wanting to donate a bike with those in need of a bike at this time.
To ensure a great experience for both parties, we’ve implemented some guidelines to find the best match for each person and keep everybody safe.
- Do not participate in #BikeMatchNOLA if you are feeling sick, have a fever or cough.
- All bikes being donated must be in working condition. (Tires holding air, brakes engaging, and chain/crank functioning)
- All bikes are sanitized by the donor before hand-off.
- Hand-offs will be arranged by donor and recipient after Bike Easy connects them through e-mail.
- Hand-offs should take place in a public area with both parties staying at least 6 feet away at all times.
- All donations are seen as final, not a temporary loan.
If you’re interested in donating a bike to support the community, or if you are in need of a bike for essential needs/transportation, please fill out this Google Form.