Serve at Bike Easy with AmeriCorps
Serve at Bike Easy as the Tulane AmeriCorps VISTA, Tulane Center for Public Service — Membership and Volunteer Coordinator
About Bike Easy:
Bike Easy makes bicycling easy, safe, and fun for everyone in Greater New Orleans. We believe in the power of bicycling to help create a healthy, prosperous, resilient, and equitable future for all people of the region. We envision safe, convenient transportation options for everyone and the freedom to get around easily. We aim to share the joy of bicycling and make it an easy choice for everyone. We also know that streets safe for bicycling are safe for walking and vice versa. We imagine a future where people of all ages and abilities can bike, walk, and take transit safely, whoever they are and wherever they live.
This position will build the capacity of Bike Easy by increasing the financial foundation and developing volunteer leaders. By managing the Bike Easy Membership program, the Membership and Volunteer Coordinator will ensure Bike Easy has the financial resources and demonstrated community support to effectively achieve our mission. This position will allow volunteers to take on more responsibility and larger roles to ensure continued support once the AmeriCorps VISTA position is no longer with Bike Easy. Much of the VISTA’s work will revolve around maintaining the constituent relationship management (CRM) and email database to track and organize information for members, volunteers, and supporters. The VISTA will also support Bike Easy communications including general email / newsletters, communications with volunteers and members, website content, and occasionally social media channels.
- Increase the number of Bike Easy Members and volunteer leaders!
- Develop concise and compelling messaging for a donor and activist audience
- Manage the process for member, donor, and volunteer recruitment and acknowledgment while assuming lead role in the development of content (for example, writing and designing marketing materials, thank you letters, annual reports and other collateral)
- Plan, promote, and execute membership events
- Manage the Membership Discount Program and increase participation from local businesses
- Maintain highly-organized database and other tracking / planning tools for membership and volunteer programs
- Manage donation records, acknowledgment letters / receipts, and other administrative components of the Membership Program (and train volunteers to help)
- Recruit interns and long-term volunteers to support other Bike Easy staff and programs
- Conduct and/or support volunteer trainings and volunteer-lead events
- Support components of the Bike Easy’s communications such as email, newsletter, and other messaging
- Maintain membership and volunteer content on the Bike Easy website; Ensure site is always up-to-date and accurately reflects current messages.
- Tackle special projects and initiatives as needed / assigned.
- Motivation to make the world, starting right here in Greater New Orleans, a better place through improved mobility for all
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse people, organizations, and businesses
- Outstanding organizational skills with a detail-oriented approach and strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a small team while independently managing day-to-day tasks and priorities
- Self-motivated and ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment
- Database management experience a plus
- Fundraising and/or volunteer management experience a plus
- Desire and ability to work, grow and learn in a non-profit environment.
The Membership and Volunteer Coordinator VISTA member is a collaborative position with Tulane University’s Center for Public Service (CPS) which was established to develop and forge long-term partnerships with the local community and oversee the public service graduation requirement for undergraduate students. VISTA members serve as liaisons between CPS and their nonprofit sites and attend a weekly professional development meeting on Fridays.
Apply for the Tulane AmeriCorps VISTA position here.
After submitting your application, send Michael Pizzolatto at CPS an email that your application has been submitted and you would like to be considered for the role at Bike Easy.