Lunch & Learn - Bike Safety Workshops
Free bike safety workshops to benefit your business and employees!
This season Bike Easy is looking to offer free “Lunch and Learn” bike safety classes at your workplace. Encouraging your employees to bike offers benefits both for them and for your business!
Educate Your Staff
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe
- Learn how to fit your helmet properly
- Fix a flat tire
- Bike lock best practices
- Basics of traffic law
- Proper lane positioning
- Tips for riding in inclement weather
- Learn tips to mount and dismount your bicycle
- Providing bicycle parking is much cheaper than leasing or constructing car parking.
- For every employee that bikes to work, you can save $240 per person per year on payroll taxes! For more info – see the Bicycle Commuter Act tax credit.
- Parking, gas, car maintenance and insurance all adds up and quickly becomes the second highest household cost after housing. Biking can save employees money.
- On average, employees who bike to work take one less sick day per year than their colleagues who drive and arrive to work invigorated, clear headed and ready to take on the day.
This Class Suits All Levels of Riders
- We can tailor the class to suit the levels of the attendees
- Classes are taught by League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructors
Get a Head Start on the 2019 Bike Easy Challenge
- Bike Easy Challenge happens April 1-30 and you’re invited to take part! The Challenge is a fun, free team-based competition. There are lots of fantastic prizes being offered to tempt you and your team get out and ride in April.
- Room to fit 10-40 people
- Audio/Visual capabilities