Kids Bike Day is Sunday, June 3rd
Don’t miss out on Kids Bike Day!
Kids Bike Day is Sunday, June 3rd at the Milne Rec Center, 5420 Franklin Avenue, from 10 am to 2 pm. This is a free event and all are welcome.
Bike Easy, in partnership with the New Orleans Health Department, presents Kids Bike Day as an event to encourage kids to have fun and be safe while biking as they embark on summer break. Teaching kids about bicycling can improve their health outcomes but also relays the joy and independence that comes with being on a bike.
- Learn to Ride – younger riders learn from licensed instructors
- ABC Quick Check – learn to check your bike
- Bike Safety Courses – learn to brake, signaling, and more
- Bike Rodeos – a fun way to practice more advanced skills
- Slow Races – a test of balance and patience!
- Kids Social Ride – older kids practice road riding while accompanied by adults
- Adult activities, safety giveaways and more!
A limited number of bikes will be available for use, so attendees are encouraged to bring their own bike and helmet. To participate a child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and sign a waiver. There will be restrooms and light refreshments on site. Find more information here!
Bike Easy appreciates the support of our partners and sponsors; New Orleans Recreation Development Commission, Louisiana Safe Routes to School, Orleans Parish School Board, and the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission.
Contact Keith Holt Bike Easy with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you!