What will happen when Jamie leaves Bike Easy?
Bike Easy is a movement, more than just one person, to make bicycling a safe and viable transportation option for all New Orleanians. With Jamie Wine leaving his role as executive director on Nov 24, 2013, Bike Easy has already begun implementing a transition plan to help the move to new leadership as smooth as possible.
The plan includes several points to ensure a smooth transition, so that responsibilities and relationships are maintained between the organization and critical partners.
Key points of the plan include:
- Appointment of the old executive director to key committees, including Fundraising and Policy Committees;
- Assigning essential responsibilities to board members through the transition
- Meet-n-greets around town with both old and new executive directors to foundations, granting organizations and government officials;
- Weekly check-ins between the old and new executive directors;
- Introductions to key partners and volunteers.
Executive Director Selection Process
Nov 24 Last day to apply to be the new executive director
Nov 26 Jamie’s last day as executive director
Dec 15 Finalists are chosen by the Bike Easy Board
Dec 31 Offer made to finalist
Jan 15 New executive director starts
Bike Easy has come a long way in the last 3 years, and we are in good financial and strategic position to continue to expand our programs. Bike Easy has a long road ahead of us but with each day the roads and trails are safer and better. One day we will be the best bicycling city in America.