Community Bicycle Workshops
Education programs for people of all ages - promoting safe, smart, confident bicycling!
COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Bike Easy has Community Bicycle Workshops for everyone – commuters, recreational riders, young people, and more! Our programs promote bicycle safety and equip old and new riders alike with the resources and skills they need to ride a bicycle safely and confidently, with the ultimate goal of increasing bicycle ridership in our region. If you are interested in hosting a Community Bicycle Workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We regularly offer the following programs through partnerships with community organizations and businesses:
- Commuter Workshops
- Presentations at local businesses
- Mechanics-focused workshops for commuters
Youth & Family Workshops
- Workshops and Rides at parks, festivals, and more
- Youth Bike Rodeos
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
Recognizing the many benefits of bicycling for recreation, transportation, and health, our programs promote bicycling to:
- Improve your health
- Experience your neighborhood in new ways
- Have more energy
- Save money
- It’s fun!
In all of our adult workshops, we cover these basic skills:
- ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe, and learning how to fit your bike and helmet properly
- Discuss the “Rules of the Road” for bicyclists
- Practice skills, such as turning and scanning behind you, and how to signal safely.
- Answer your questions about route planning, gears, equipment, and more!
In select workshops, we teach:
- Fixing a flat tire
- In-depth mechanics training for commuters
- Bicycle advocacy and policy, and how to get involved
We partner with community partners to host Youth Bicycle Rodeos, giving students the opportunity to practice safe biking techniques through a series of fun, hands-on activities. Using our bike fleet of 15 youth bikes and trained instructors, students learn and practice the basics of bicycle safety. The curriculum includes:
- ABC Check and helmet fit
- Signaling and scanning
- Safe road riding & right-of way
- Slow bike races
- “Mock Roads” practice
Interested in bringing a workshop to your school, business, or community group? Email Virginia to discuss the type of program that is the best fit for your group!