Community Bicycle Workshops
Education programs for people of all ages - promoting safe, smart, confident bicycling!
COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Bike Easy has Community Bicycle Workshops for everyone – commuters, recreational riders, young people, and more! Our programs promote bicycle safety and equip old and new riders alike with the resources and skills they need to bicycle, with the ultimate goal of increasing bicycle ridership in our region. We regularly offer the following programs through partnerships with community organizations and businesses.
- Commuter Workshops
- Presentations at local businesses
- Mechanics-focused workshops for commuters
Youth & Family Workshops
- Workshops and Rides at parks, festivals, and more
- Youth Bike Rodeos
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
Recognizing the many benefits of bicycling for recreation, transportation, and health, our programs promote bicycling to:
- Improve your health
- Experience your neighborhood in new ways
- Have more energy
- Save money
- It’s fun!
In all of our adult workshops, we cover these basic skills:
- ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe, and learning how to fit your bike and helmet properly
- Discuss the “Rules of the Road” for bicyclists
- Practice skills, such as turning and scanning behind you, and how to signal safely.
- Answer your questions about route planning, gears, equipment, and more!
In select workshops, we teach:
- Fixing a flat tire
- In-depth mechanics training for commuters
- Bicycle advocacy and policy, and how to get involved
We partner with community partners to host Youth Bicycle Rodeos, giving students the opportunity to practice safe biking techniques through a series of fun, hands-on activities. Using our bike fleet of 15 youth bikes and trained instructors, students learn and practice the basics of bicycle safety. The curriculum includes:
- ABC Check and helmet fit
- Signaling and scanning
- Safe road riding & right-of way
- Slow bike races
- “Mock Roads” practice
Interested in bringing a workshop to your school, business, or community group? Contact dan (at) bikeeasy.org to discuss the type of program that is the best fit for your group!