Community Bicycle Workshops
Bicycle Safety starts with you!
FUNDING PROVIDED BY:
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development Highway Safety Department
- New Orleans Regional Planning Commission Pedestrian and Bicycle Program
GET BACK ON THE SADDLE
Dust off that old bike, or walk up to see how you can incorporate bicycle riding into your everyday life. Learn and practice safe techniques that will give you confidence wherever you ride your bicycle.
All are welcome, especially adults and their families (children, grandparents and friends). Through hands-on activities we’ll help build your confidence to integrate bicycling into your everyday tasks. More bicycling will make you feel healthier, more connected to your community and relieve stress.
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
If you would like to bring these to your workplace, please contact our program coordinator to schedule a time and location.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
- ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- How to use your gears.
- Practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Fix a flat tire.
At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop.