This is a past Event
RESCHEDULED! Friends of the Lafitte Corridor Hike & Bicycle Safety Workshop
Friends of the Lafitte Corridor
Sat, May 18, 2013
2:00 – 3:00 am
Congo Square at Armstrong Park
(N Rampart St and St Peter St)
FREE! Please RSVP by email and include the number of people, your names and phone numbers.
Want a bike light for attending the event? We are selling sets for only $10, but you must be at the workshop to get the lights.
Join Friends of the Lafitte Corridor their Annual Hike to explore the Lafitte Corridor! Participants will walk the proposed corridor, ending at Armstrong Park. Bike Easy will be there to offer Bike Valet and a pre-hike safety class.
More About the Community Bicycle Workshops:
All are welcome, especially adults and their families (children, grandparents and friends). Through hands-on activities we’ll help build your confidence to integrate bicycling into your everyday tasks. More bicycling will make you feel healthier, more connected to your community, relieve stress, and get you where you need to go without getting stuck in traffic and by saving money in your wallets!
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Learn to safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- Learn how to use your gears.
- Learn and practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Learn how to fix a flat tire.
At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.