This is a past Event
GOOD Ideas for New Orleans - Bicycle Safety
Thu, Jul 12, 2012
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
New Orleans Museum of Art
One Collins Diboll Circle, City Park
New Orleans, LA 70124
Free, RSVP Here
GOOD Ideas for CIties and Neighborland are recruiting New Orleanians to prototype the future of our neighborhoods. We’re looking for designers, architects, planners and activists to develop real solutions to three challenges facing New Orleans. Working together, creative New Orleanians will visualize, plan and create three events or installations that:
- Bring healthy and fresh foods to a neighborhood that needs more options for groceries and affordable restaurants.
- Make one of our commercial streets safer for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Beautify an intersection or street corner in a way that residents will appreciate and take pride in.
Individual creatives should apply here. Once you’ve chosen to participate, you’ll be assigned to a team to work with community leaders overseeing each challenge:
- Grow Dat Youth Farm and Broad Community Connections will work to bring more food options to an underserved neighborhood.
- Bike Easy and Transport for NOLA will work to make a street safer for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- The students and faculty of Sci Academy will work to beautify a neighborhood intersection.
We will showcase the events and installations at a forum with civic leaders and elected officials, bringing attention to the underlying needs of New Orleanians and the value of your solutions. f you are interested in shaping the future of New Orleans, apply now.
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Advocacy Project.