This is a past Event
Policy and Planning Committee Meeting
Join us to relaunch this important committee
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
6:00 – 7:30 pm
Bike Easy Office, 2100 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd
In order to meet the goals of the Bike Easy 2017-2020 Strategic Plan, Bike Easy is relaunching and revamping the Policy and Planning Committee. Are you interested in the policy details, technical aspects of street design, or community engagement in the planning process? This committee could be for you! Come on out to learn more.
On Thursday, August 24th, we’ll be introducing the new structure for the committee that board and staff have envisioned and taking feedback. Then we’ll dive into some of the projects this committee will be tackling!
- Introduce new concept/goals for Policy and Planning Committee (5 minutes)
- Review proposed committee structure, feedback discussion (15 minutes)
- Committee Member recruitment discussion (10 minutes)
- Policy Review (20 minutes)
- — Complete Streets Coalition – proposed update to City of New Orleans Policy Memorandum No. 134, Complete Streets Policy
- — Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Advisory Committee proposed ordinances
- Planning review (20 minutes)
- — Upcoming road projects for consideration
- — Developing a vision for a bike network
- Next Steps (10 minutes)
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Advocacy Project.