This is a past Event
Community Bicycle Workshop: Palmer Park
At Arts Council of New Orleans Arts Market
Sat, May 26, 2012
3:00 – 5:00 am
Robert’s Fresh Market across from the Arts Market of New Olreans
8115 South Claiborne Avenue, New Orleans, LA
Free, but please RSVP by email. Include the number of people, your names and phone numbers.
25 Participant Limit! RSVP today!
GET BACK ON THE SADDLE
Dust off that old bike, or walk up to see how you can incorporate bicycle riding into your everyday life. Learn and practice safe techniques that will give you confidence wherever you ride your bicycle.
All are welcome, especially adults and their families (children, grandparents and friends). Through hands-on activities we’ll help build your confidence to integrate bicycling into your everyday tasks. More bicycling will make you feel healthier, more connected to your community and relieve stress.
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Learn to safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- Learn how to use your gears.
- Learn and practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Learn how to fix a flat tire.
At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.