This is a past Event
Second Line to Health Fair, Lower 9th Ward
Bike Easy will host Bicycle Mechanics and Safety Station
Sat, Aug 29, 2015
3:00 – 6:00 am
Sanchez Community Center, 1616 Caffin Ave
Second Line to Health is a unique opportunity for neighbors, volunteers and direct service providers to come together for an event focused on resilience and regeneration. The event will leverage the collective resources of our community to (1) create the highest possible impact on the health and wellbeing of community members, (2) spotlight the impact of food, health and wellness collaborative endeavors in building back New Orleans, and (3) inspire New Orleanians to continue investing in their own futures.
Second Line to Health will offer direct services from more than 50 participating organizations that up to 1,000 community members can either access immediately or enroll in.
- Free box of healthy food for every household
- Cooking demonstrations with easy, healthy & affordable recipes to sample
- Health screenings including blood pressure, glucose, vision and dental
- Bicycle maintenance and safety station by Bike Easy
- English- and Spanish-speaking supplemental nutrition assistance and food pantry referrals through
- Second Harvest Client Services
- Mini “Health Fair for Kids” featuring games, activities and recipe taste-tests
- Door prizes, giveaways and more!
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.