This is a past Event
Women Commuter Workshop
NOLA Women on Bikes
Wed, Jun 26, 2013
11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Grow Dat Youth Farm
150 Zachary Taylor Drive
in City Park
FREE! Please RSVP by email and include the number of people, your names and phone numbers.
Want a bike light for attending the event? We are selling sets for only $10, but you must be at the workshop to get the lights.
This workshop is for women who are interested in bicycling for transportation (or who already do so!) and have additional questions about their rights on the road; bike selection, maintenance, and fit; and answer questions about commuting, biking with kids, etc.
It’s also an opportunity for women who already bike regularly to invite friends, family, and co-workers who are interested in biking more!
Bring your bike if you have one – we’ll also take a short ride around City Park at the end of the workshop!
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Learn to safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- Learn how to use your gears.
- Learn and practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Learn how to fix a flat tire.
- At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.