This is a past Event
SUNO School of Social Work Community Bike Workshop
Sat, Jun 15, 2013
8:00 – 10:00 am
Southern University of New Orleans
New Science Building (building behind the flagpoles)
6400 Press Dr New Orleans, LA 70126
FREE! Please RSVP by email and include the number of people, your names and phone numbers.
Want a bike light for attending the event? We are selling sets for only $10, but you must be at the workshop to get the lights.
Join Bike Easy and the SUNO School of Social Work for a community bicycle workshop! This workshop is ideal if you’re interested in learning more about selecting a bike, transportation cycling, as well as the environmental, economic, and social benefits of bicycling!
*Workshop will be followed by a short ride!
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Learn to safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- Learn how to use your gears.
- Learn and practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Learn how to fix a flat tire.
At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.