This is a past Event
Tammany Trace Bicycle Safety Day
Sat, Jun 08, 2013
3:00 – 5:00 am
Camp Salmen Nature Park
35122 Parish Parkway
Slidell, LA 70460
FREE! Please RSVP by email and include the number of people, your names and phone numbers.
Want a bike light for attending the event? We are selling sets for only $10, but you must be at the workshop to get the lights.
Join Bike Easy and the Tammany Trace for a morning of family-friendly fun! In addition to a bike safety course, we’ll have representatives from other safety organizations on hand to talk about how to enjoy walking, biking, and playing on the Trace and being safe and respectful for everyone! This event will take place as part of the Spring Fling Event, with live music and other fun activities for families.
Adults and kids alike should bring their bikes to practice bike safety exercises, learn about bike and helmet fit, and cement their understanding of the rules of the road to ride safely as a family!
More About the Community Bicycle Workshops:
All are welcome, especially adults and their families (children, grandparents and friends). Through hands-on activities we’ll help build your confidence to integrate bicycling into your everyday tasks. More bicycling will make you feel healthier, more connected to your community, relieve stress, and get you where you need to go without getting stuck in traffic and by saving money in your wallets!
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Learn to safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- Learn how to use your gears.
- Learn and practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Learn how to fix a flat tire.
At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.