This is a past Event
Fit NOLA Play Streets Bicycle Safety Workshop
Fit NOLA, New Orleans Health Dept, NOLA 4 Life
Sat, Apr 20, 2013
3:30 – 5:00 am
FREE! Please RSVP by email and include the number of people, your names and phone numbers.
25 Participant Limit! Reserve your spot today!
Want a bike light for attending the event? We are selling sets for only $10, but you must be at the workshop to get the lights!
Bike Easy will be hosting our 2 hour Community Bicycle Safety Workshop at the first Fit NOLA Play Street event, hosted by NOLA for Life! Participants from the neighborhood are invited to bring their bikes and learn to ride safely and confidently for health, transportation, and recreation. Our instructors will be there to answer questions about riding safely with traffic, bike fit, and basic maintenance.
More About the Community Bicycle Workshops
All are welcome, especially adults and their families (children, grandparents and friends). Through hands-on activities we’ll help build your confidence to integrate bicycling into your everyday tasks. More bicycling will make you feel healthier, more connected to your community, relieve stress, and get you where you need to go without getting stuck in traffic and by saving money in your wallets!
BENEFITS OF BICYCLING
- Gain a higher quality of life
- Experience your neighborhood in ways you never thought possible
- Have more energy
- It’s fun!
- Learn the ABC Quick Check to make sure every ride you take is safe. Learn how to fit your helmet properly.
- Learn to safely mount and dismount your bicycle. Learn how to start and stop your bike safely.
- Learn how to use your gears.
- Learn and practice how to turn and scan behind you and remain in a straight line and how to signal safely.
- Learn how to fix a flat tire.
At select events mechanics will be on hand to help with simple repairs and discuss proper maintenance to keep you rolling and safe!
Helmets are required to participate in the “on the bike” portion of the Workshop
This Event is part of Bike Easy’s Community Bicycle Workshops Project.