Get Prepared for the Po Boy Festival Bicycle Second Line this Sunday!
Helpful Ride Tips for the Second Line!
From James Wilson, League of American Bicyclists League Certified Instructor:
My favorite ride is coming up again this Sunday, November 18th! The Po Boy Festival Bicycle Second Line is always a great way to see the neighborhood, and ride alongside familiar faces and meet new ones who are out there supporting better biking all year round. If you are like me, and gearing up for the ride, I figured I’d share a few tips as a return rider:
- You don’t need special clothes or a special bike. Any bike will do!
- The ride is a slow pace (we average only 9 mph) which anybody can do.
- The ride is only 10 miles so it’s a short route too – and even if you can’t make it or your bike breaks down we do have a truck that will pick you up.
- Go through the ABC quick check I covered in an earlier blog post. We will have partners on hand for a quick repair (don’t expect to get your bike overhauled) and pumps to make sure you have air in your tires. We will have water on hand, but it’s always best to have your own water bottle.
- As for clothes, you don’t need anything special. The weather forecast is exceptional, but a little on the chilly side. I’d recommend wearing light layers, so as you warm up and the day warms up, you can add or shed layers as needed. If you bike doesn’t have a basket, you can wear a backpack to store your layers and water bottle in.
See you at the Bicycle Second Line!