RUBARB Community Bike Shop
New Orleans’ bicycle co-op at 2239 Piety St.
Rusted Up Beyond All Recognition Bikes (RUBARB) is a bicycle cooperative that started in 2006 in the Upper Ninth Ward.
RUBARB is a volunteer run space which offers: space and tools to work on a bicycle, used/new parts, used bicycles, and community events.
2239 Piety St.
Hours: Monday and Wednesday: 3 – 7 pm
- Bike parking for 14 bikes outside of the shop
- Volunteers can earn credit towards a bicycle or parts
- Tools, parts, and work stands are available for use
- Volunteers available for assistance
- Regularly has a team in the Bike Easy Challenge
- Community programming typically includes free bicycles for attending children
- Bike Easy educational materials are offered in addition to many other resources
- Numerous core volunteers have completed Smart Cycling courses
- Mechanic Nights and Kid’s Bike Club are just some education programs offered – volunteers happy to teach skills at any time!
- Signed letter of support for New Orleans Complete Streets Coalition