Program & Operations Manager - Job Announcement
Bike Easy is seeking an experienced manager to join the team
Bike Easy seeks an experienced manager with a broad array of skills to handle day-to-day operations and lead education and community programming priorities of the small but mighty non-profit that is dedicated to making bicycling easy, safe, and fun for everyone in Greater New Orleans.
Bike Easy is on a serious roll right now – tripling in size over the last 4 years and continuing to grow, managing multiple strategic campaigns and educational efforts, maintaining a major presence in the community through events and outreach, and building strategic partnerships with organizations, businesses, and governments across the region. We need the right person to help truly institutionalize and grow this momentum!
This is a dynamic position in a fast-paced, exciting environment and responsibilities may include financial administration, program development and management, event organizing, general office management, detailed work planning and tracking for teams, human resources coordination, staff management, strategic communications, and meeting many other random organizational needs (as is customary in small non-profits).
The Program & Operations Manager will report directly to and work closely with the Executive Director, will coordinate to some degree with all staff and many contractors, and will directly manage 2-3 individual staff. While there is a clear organizational structure, Bike Easy has a non-hierarchical culture that is based on open communication, respect for all, mutual trust, and dedication to something bigger than ourselves.
Bike Easy is committed to justice, equity, and diversity in our work, and we believe having a staff with varied perspectives and historical experiences is key to the organization’s success.
- 3+ years of management experience including financial administration, staff oversight, human resources, and office management
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to develop and manage large, complex, and detailed systems and processes
- Event organizing experience
- Attention to detail and ability to execute tedious tasks
- Enthusiastic team-player who can also work independently
- Deep motivation for improving our region through better mobility
- Familiarity with accounting / bookkeeping best practices a major plus
- Knowledge of mobility policy issues, advocacy strategies, and/or bicycle safety programming is a plus
- Strategic communications experience is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Vietnamese is a plus
A job description will be developed as part of the hiring process to best suit the chosen candidate’s skills, strengths, and desires, and it will include some combination of the following responsibilities:
- Manage Bike Easy accounting processes, including invoicing, cutting checks, coordinating with bookkeeper and producing reports
- Conduct budgeting, financial reporting, and cash flow tracking
- Ensure Bike Easy is meeting all legal requirements regarding non-profit finances (i.e. annual Form 990’s)
- Oversee internal audits
- Directly manage key Bike Easy program staff through regular meetings, work tracking / coordination tools, and continuous expression of a motivating vision that drives productivity
- Set the vision, long-term goals, and short-term execution for the Education and Community aspects of the Bike Easy Strategic Plan, and ensure integration with Advocacy and Capacity strategies
- Manage all aspects of the Bike Easy Challenge.
- Promote all Education and Community programming / messaging, tell stories about the work that builds awareness and support
Human Resources / Office Management
- Build and/or implement necessary human resources processes (i.e. timesheets, annual evaluations)
- Develop tools and systems to improve efficiency of various administrative functions of the administration of the organization, including but not limited to individual and team work tracking, financial tracking systems for use by program staff, data dashboards for reporting to Board of Directors and funders, and physical organization systems for materials/equipment
- Manage procurement of necessary office supplies, maintenance of IT systems, and other necessary office functions
- Engage and manage independent contractors
- Support the development and implementation of a communications capacity-building initiative
- Support creation and/or edit online and offline content, educational materials, and photography/videography
- Support strategic management of social media, website, email communications
Other Duties, As Needed
Salary in the low- to mid-$40’s, depending on experience and qualifications. Bike Easy offers access to group health insurance and an employer contribution towards health insurance, generous paid time off, and professional development opportunities. Most of all, Bike Easy is a fun place to work that gives you a real opportunity to make a positive impact in Greater New Orleans.
Bike Easy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all persons to apply for this position regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, or political affiliation.