Bike Easy Operations Manager—Job Announcement
Bike Easy seeks experienced manager for new position
Bike Easy seeks an experienced manager with a broad array of skills to handle day-to-day operations and build organizational capacity of the small but mighty non-profit that is dedicated to making bicycling easy, safe, and fun for everyone in New Orleans.
Bike Easy is on a serious roll right now – tripling in size over the last 3 years and continuing to grow, managing multiple strategic campaigns and educational efforts, maintaining a major presence in the community through events and outreach, and building strategic partnerships with organizations, businesses, and governments across the region. We need the right person to help truly institutionalize and grow this momentum!
This new, dynamic position will be a leader in a fast-paced, exciting environment and responsibilities may include financial administration, fundraising, general office management, human resources coordination, staff management,strategic communications, and meeting many other random organizational needs (as is customary in small non-profits).
The Operations Manager will report directly to and work closely with the Executive Director, will coordinate to some degree with all staff and many contractors, and may directly manage individual staff. While there is a clear organizational structure, Bike Easy has a non-hierarchical culture that is based on open communication, respect for all, mutual trust, and dedication to something bigger than ourselves.
Bike Easy is committed to justice, equity, and diversity in our work, and we believe having a staff with varied perspectives and historical experiences is key to the organization’s success.
- 3+ years of management experience including financial administration, human resources, and office management
- Demonstrated success in raising significant funds for a cause, from individuals and from grants
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to manage large, complex, and detailed systems and processes
- Familiarity with accounting / bookkeeping best practices
- Attention to detail and ability to execute tedious tasks
- Enthusiastic team-player who can also work independently
- Deep motivation for improving our region through better mobility
- Knowledge of mobility policy issues, advocacy strategies, and/or bicycle safety programming is a plus
- Strategic communications experience is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Vietnamese is a plus
A job description will be developed as part of the hiring process to best suit the chosen candidate’s skills, strengths, and desires, and it will include some combination of the following responsibilities:
- Manage Bike Easy accounting processes, including invoicing, cutting checks, coordinating with bookkeeper and producing reports
- Conduct budgeting, financial reporting, and cash flow tracking
- Ensure Bike Easy is meeting all legal requirements regarding non-profit finances (i.e. annual Form 990’s)
- Oversee internal audits
- Create a comprehensive development plan for Bike Easy
- Strategically plan and manage the Bike Easy calendar of grant applications, reports, membership and individual donation pushes, sponsorship drives, and fundraising events
- Write, and support staff in writing, grants to support programs and general operations
- Develop and implement sponsorship fundraising campaigns
- Manage donor relationships
- Manage procurement of necessary office supplies
- Manage IT support contractor and/or provide IT support
- Support the development and implementation of a communications capacity-building initiative
- Create and/or edit online and offline content, educational materials, and photography/videography
- Oversee strategic management of social media, website, email communications
Human Resources / Staff Management
- Build and/or implement necessary human resources processes (i.e. timesheets, annual evaluations)
- Directly manage key Bike Easy staff through regular meetings, work tracking / coordination tools, and continuous expression of a motivating vision that drives productivity
- Engage and manage independent contractors
Other Duties, As Needed
Salary in the upper-$30’s to mid-$40’s, depending on experience and qualifications. Bike Easy offers access to group health insurance and an employer contribution towards health insurance, generous paid time off, and professional development opportunities. Most of all, Bike Easy is a fun place to work that gives you a real opportunity to make a positive impact in Greater New Orleans.
Bike Easy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all persons to apply for this position regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, or political affiliation.