Bike/Walk Friendly Driver Workshops
Become Bike Easy Bike/Walk Friendly Driver certified.
Starting this Spring, Bike Easy is looking to pilot three Bike/Walk Friendly Driver Workshops. These workshops will consist of a one-hour class geared to train drivers on laws and behaviors to help keep people biking and walking safely. A local curriculum will be adapted from national models and best practices focusing on:
- what to expect from people biking and walking
- common crashes and how to avoid them,
- safety tips and techniques,
- how to navigate bicycle infrastructure on the roadways
- overview of relevant roadway laws.
The first open Bike/Walk Friendly Driver Workshop will take place Tuesday, May 22, 5 pm – 6 pm at Bike Easy, 2100 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd. All participants will earn a certificate and window decal certifying their status as a Bike Easy Bike/Walk Friendly Driver. Participants can register here.