What We’ve Been Up To Oct 30- Nov 12
A summary of Bike Easy events from the last two weeks.
Bike Easy strives to make being on bike easy, safe, and fun for everyone. Through education, advocacy, and community events we spread our message of an inclusive bike culture throughout Greater New Orleans. Here’s a sampling of what we’ve been up to the last two weeks:
Monday, October 30th through Friday, November 3rd:
- ISL Olivier: Lauren Nagel, a local League Cycling Instructor, reached out to Bike Easy to provide an after-school bike rodeo for students at the International School of Louisiana in Algiers and is a champion for ongoing bike activities in schools.
- Walk & Roll Club at Success Prep: This program began at the beginning of October and takes place once a week at Success Prep Academy. Students walk, bike and explore the benefits of active transportation. The school’s location right next to the Lafitte Greenway is perfect for on-bike practice.
Saturday, November 4th through Sunday, November 5th:
- Central City Festival: This festival celebrates the neighborhood the Bike Easy Office calls home. We had Bike Valet, a table with advocacy information, and provided a bike rodeo for kids.
Monday, November 6th through November 10th:
- Tulane Internship Fair: The Center for Public Service at Tulane University put on an internship fair to match students to organizations for the spring semester. Find our internship descriptions at BikeEasy.org.
- Pine View Middle School in Covington: Bike Easy provides on & off bike safety programs to 4th & 5th-grade students in their PE classes. Pine View will join the celebration of walking and biking during the region-wide ‘Walk & Roll to School Week’ in May.
Saturday, November 11th through Sunday, November 12th:
- People Say! Power of the Vote Rally: A rally was held by the Triangle Neighborhood Association to increase the number of people voting in the runoff elections. Bike Easy gave out free bike maps and collected signatures for the Complete Streets Petition.
- Bike Valet at Oak Street Po-Boy Festival: Bike Easy set up Bike Valet at Fidelity Bank on the corner of Plum and Carrollton at the annual Oak Street Po-Boy Festival.