MS150 Recommended Rides
Come out to prepare for the MS150 on these fun, supported rides throughout the region
Bike Easy is proud to once again host a series of Recommended Rides to help people get ready to participate in the National MS Society’s Bike MS: Dat’s How We Roll 2017.
Through our partnership with the National MS Society, Bike Easy is offering a FREE Membership to all registered MS150 riders! Along with supporting Bike Easy’s education and advocacy work, you’ll receive the benefits of a Bike Easy Member, including special insurance coverage for you and your bike on the MS150 Recommended Rides hosted by Bike Easy this summer. Simply fill out this form to claim your free Bike Easy MS150 Membership.
Bike MS: Dat’s How We Roll is a two-day cycling event that covers 150 miles through the beautiful countryside of Louisiana and Mississippi. This journey to create a world free of multiple sclerosis begins at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, Louisiana and rides 75 miles north to Percy Quin State Park in McComb, Mississippi. Participants overnight in McComb before heading back to Hammond on Day 2.
You can learn more about the main ride on October 7-8 and register here.
Since riding 150 miles over two days is a challenge, Bike Easy works with the National MS Society Louisiana Chapter and cycling clubs in southeastern Louisiana to provide supported rides throughout the region to help you prepare! All of Bike Easy’s MS Recommended Rides are supported by SAG vehicles, have food & drink rest stops provided by local cycling clubs, and follow marked routes. They roll every Sunday (except Labor Day weekend) from July 16th until the big ride! Mark your calendars now, and more details on each ride will be available soon.
- Sunday, July 16 – Lakeshore Drive Recommended Ride: 22 Miles
- Sunday, July 23 – Lakeshore Drive Recommended Ride: 30 Miles
- Sunday, July 30 – Baton Rouge Recommended Ride: 38 Miles
- Sunday, August 6 – Thibodaux Recommended Ride: 42 Miles
- Sunday, August 13 – Madisonville Recommended Ride: 41 Miles
- Sunday, August 20 – Abita Recommended Ride: 44 Miles
- Sunday, August 27 – Abita Recommended Ride: 48 Miles
- Sunday, September 10 – Abita Recommended Ride: 51 Miles
For the last 3 weeks, the rides are organized by friends:
- Sunday, September 16 – Tour de Tangi by Hammond Kiwanis
- Sunday, September 23 – CCC Century by Crescent City Cyclists
- Sunday, September 30 – TBD by the Baton Rouge Bike Club
We look forward to seeing you out there riding for a great cause!