MS Recommended Rides
Bike Easy helps riders get their legs ready for the MS150 Ride in October
Bike Easy is proud to once again host a series of Recommended Rides to help people get ready to participate in the National MS Society’s Bike MS: Dat’s How We Roll 2016.
Bike MS: Dat’s How We Roll is a two-day cycling event that covers 150 miles through the beautiful countryside of Louisiana and Mississippi. This journey to create a world free of multiple sclerosis begins at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, Louisiana and rides 75 miles north to Percy Quin State Park in McComb, Mississippi. Participants overnight in McComb before heading back to Hammond on Day 2.
You can learn more about the main ride on October 8-9 and register here.
Since riding 150 miles over two days is a challenge, Bike Easy works with the National MS Society Louisiana Chapter and cycling clubs throughout southeastern Louisiana to provide supported rides throughout the region to help you prepare! All of Bike Easy’s MS Recommended Rides are supported by SAG vehicles, have food & drink rest stops provided by local cycling clubs, and follow marked routes. They roll every Sunday (except Labor Day weekend) from now until the big ride!
- Sunday, July 31 – Baton Rouge Recommended Ride: 38 Miles
- Sunday, August 7 – Thibodaux Recommended Ride: 42 Miles
- Sunday, August 14 – Madisonville Recommended Ride: 41 Miles
- Sunday, August 21 – Covington Recommended Ride: 44 Miles
- Sunday, August 28 – Covington Recommended Ride: 48 Miles
- Sunday, September 11 – Covington Recommended Ride: 51 Miles
For the last 3 weeks, the rides are organized by friends:
- Sunday, September 17 – Tour de Tangi by Hammond Kiwanis
- Sunday, September 24 – CCC Century by Crescent City Cyclists
- Sunday, October 2 – Fall in the Felicianas Century by the Baton Rouge Bike Club
We look forward to seeing you out there riding for a great cause!