Strategic Planning Facilitator - Request for Proposals
Help Bike Easy plot its course for the next 3 years
Bike Easy is seeking an experienced strategic planning consultant to design and facilitate a participatory planning process that will create a three-year strategic plan for the organization.
Bike Easy, a non-profit 501©3, is a member-based organization that strives to serve as a voice for all those that ride bicycles in the New Orleans metropolitan region in order to advocate for a better, safer bicycle environment.
Bike Easy is committed to addressing the challenges of organizing an advocacy group that represents the needs and desires of individuals from different social, economic, and racial backgrounds. Bike Easy recognizes that bicycles provide an affordable transportation option for users of all ages, abilities, and incomes. Bike Easy will operate in a manner that consciously and consistently seeks out the input of low income, primary cyclists, even if they are not proportionally represented in the paid membership, and will incorporate the needs and desires of these individuals into the priorities of the organization.
Bike Easy is seeking an experienced organizational consultant to work with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Staff, and Stakeholders to develop a Strategic Plan that will guide the direction, priorities and key decision-making for the organization over the next three years.
The successful proposer will use a variety of techniques to work with Bike Easy over a period of 4 to 6 months to set the organization’s direction and answer key questions.
The organizational consultant should have relevant experience in working with nonprofit, public, and private sector organizations to develop strategic plans with measurable goals that respond effectively to internal, external, political and fiscal realities.
Bike Easy desires to update its Strategic Plan to determine how to confront key questions, challenges and opportunities facing the organization, including the following:
- What is our core mission and how do we insure that our programs and initiatives align with and directly advance that mission in measurable and meaningful ways?
- How can we provide programming and engage in activities that result in the greatest impact for fulfilling our mission?
- What revenue and resource development strategies make sense to keep Bike Easy financially sustainable and mission-focused over the next 3 to 5 years?
- How should we structure our organization to meet our key challenges and seize key opportunities for building political capital in order to influence outcomes?
Our goal is to complete this process with a focused, concise statement of our strategic direction over the next three years. We expect this document to describe our goals and core strategies for our board, staff, funders, clients and stakeholders.
- In awarding a contract for consulting services to develop a long-range strategic plan for the organization, Bike Easy will examine a number of factors. Criteria will include:
- The extent to which the proposal addresses the stated questions in the scope of work
- Specific plans or methodology to be used to perform the services
- Qualifications and experience of consultant in providing strategic planning development
- Availability for work to be conducted from August through late 2016/early 2017.
- Project cost including: number of estimated hours for each activity; billing rate; and estimated out-of-pocket costs. We expect the budget to be between $2,500 and $4,000.
Proposals should be double-spaced and include:
- A brief Executive Summary
- A description of the applicant’s general approach to strategic planning, including methodology, perspective, or philosophy that guides your work with organizations in this undertaking,
- A clear explanation of how the consultant will approach the strategic planning process along with a proposed work plan,
- A list of project deliverables to be created with a detailed timeline for each deliverable and overall project completion,
- A detailed budget that breaks out expenses,
- Credentials and qualifications of key personnel who will take responsibility for working directly on this project, including three references, and
- Example(s) of a finished strategic plan created by you or your company.