Advocacy & Organizing Overview
Bike Easy engages the public and developing civic leaders through Advocacy and Organizing to promote healthy, equitable transportation policies and to continue developing a network of safe bikeways for people throughout the region.
Bike Easy works to make safe bicycling an integral part of life in Greater New Orleans and improve transportation access for all in our community through our advocacy and organizing efforts. From pushing for high-quality bike facilities at City Council meetings to training Ambassadors how to improve transportation options in their neighborhoods, Bike Easy focuses on building grassroots power to influence policy and budgeting for bicycling at the city, state, and federal level.
In 2016, we intend to improve the built environment for bicycling and create a favorable political environment for bicycling through:
- Developing the Claiborne Corridor Ambassadors Program as a model for a future, larger Transportation Advocacy Leadership Training, and training the first 15 Ambassadors
- Building relationships with local, regional, state, and federal elected officials and thought leaders to continue creating support for bicycling
- Releasing a report on the state of bicycling in New Orleans and conducting an intensive public outreach process to develop a community blueprint for a better bike future
We’ll also be furthering on-going campaigns:
- Connect the 9 and the Safe Bridges Campaign
- French Quarter and Downtown Bike Parking
- Bike Share for New Orleans
Many thanks to the Foundation for Louisiana, our Members and Sponsors, and the many supporters and partners who make our Advocacy & Organizing work possible.